How does NanoGrid Technology work?
The gold nanoparticles are 13-20 nanometers in diameter. Each nanoparticle is functionalized with either a defined number of oligonucleotides or antibodies that are specific to a particular protein of interest.
VERIGENE® NanoGrid Technology benefits
The VERIGENE® System using NanoGrid technology entails
- Nucleic acid extraction and PCR amplification
- Hybridization of target DNA on a microarray
- Hybridization of specific mediator oligonucleotides and gold nanoparticle probes
- Signal amplification of hybridized probes via a silver staining process
- Automated qualitative analysis of results
Gold nanoparticle probes are ideal for diagnostic applications
- Allow increased sensitivity by several orders of magnitude compared to fluorophores.
- Enable high-specificity for both nucleic acid and protein detection
- Reduce background noise, creating an enhanced assay signal
- Are extremely stable, have a long shelf-life, and are non-toxic